While pedigree, conformation, and the racing performance of siblings are the main selection criteria utilized by buyers to evaluate the athletic potential of Thoroughbred yearlings, there is also a positive correlation between size of a yearling and selling price at the Keeneland September yearling sales, according to Dr. Joe Pagan.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated