New York officials said Aug. 29 they are conducting a probe into the relatively high number of equine deaths during the New York Racing Association's Saratoga Race Course meet.
The New York Racing Association has established an equine safety review board to review and assess fatal equine racing and training injuries at the organization's racetracks: Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian