The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission expects test results that had been delayed by up to four months to be back on schedule by Thanksgiving.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission approved a pair of recommendations from the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council July 17, including a "Rapid Response" protocol to examine emerging illegal drugs.
An advisory panel to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has given final approval to regulatory changes that include permitting an owner to void the claim of a horse that tested positive.
Two panels of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission have begun the lengthy--and potentially contentious--process of reviewing and revising the state's medication regulations.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's Equine Drug Research Council has withdrawn support and funding for one of six projects that it had approved for 2010.
Proposed regulations governing out-of-competition testing in Kentucky have been approved for consideration by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission at its Sept. 7 meeting.
A committee of the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council is continuing to gather information on anabolic steroids and is not yet ready to make a recommendation to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Penalties for the violation of Kentucky's new medication guidelines were approved March 13 by the joint Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee. The penalties now face review and approval of one additional committee before taking effect.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, acting on advice from the Equine Drug Research Council, unanimously approved medication withdrawal guidelines and threshold levels at a special meeting Feb. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby