Rogers Dream won Sept. 27 by a length at Finger Lakes
The first three foals sired by stakes winner Encaustic, a full brother to grade I winner Include, are colts.
Encaustic, a full brother to successful sire Include, will stand in 2013 at Beverly Least's Foggy Bottom Farm near Geneseo, N.Y.
It's a Bird, a romping six-length winner of the Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) last month, leads a veteran field in the $400,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III), the headline event of a stakes-loaded program on Memorial Day at Grand Prairie, Texas.
Jonesboro took the overland route to a half-length victory in the $300,000 Texas Mile and cleared the $1 million mark in career earnings at Lone Star Park April 25.
Leading trainer Steve Asmussen could saddle three colts in the $400,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) May 26, but even though the odds are in his favor, it still might not be enough to conquer Frank Stronach's Giant Gizmo, who enters the 1 1/16-mile test at the top of his game.
Odds-on choice Jonesboro finally shook loose of a stubborn Gouldings Green in the final furlong to post a front-running victory in the $149,000 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park March 8.
Zanjero, who won more than $1 million last year as a 3-year-old, makes his 2008 debut for trainer Steve Asmussen as the 118-pound high weight in the $150,000 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park March 8.
Elizabeth Valando's Nobiz Like Shobiz figures to be the heavy favorite in the Sept. 1 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park. The $500,000 test for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on the grass has attracted a field of 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic