Disqualified from his second in the 2013 edition of the Preis von Europa (Ger-I), Empoli won this year's race without controversy when he overhauled pacesetter Earl of Tinsdal in the shadow of the post at Cologne.
With a breakthrough group I win two starts back, Sirius aims to add another in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) Sept. 28 at Cologne.
Juddmonte owner Khalid Abdullah has two top contenders in Flintshire and Noble Mission for the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) June 29 in France.
French star Cirrus des Aigles will bid for a third successive top-level victory this season in the Investec Coronation Cup (In Commemoration of St Nicholas Abbey, Eng-I) at Epsom Downs June 7.
The top four finishers in last month's Cape Verdi (UAE-II), including Godolphin's unbeaten winner Certify, return for the $200,000 Balanchine (UAE-II) Feb. 20 at Meydan Racecourse.
Indian pharmaceutical billionaire Cyrus Poonwalla went to 900,000 ($1,220,008 in United States funds) to acquire Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Kenhope at the Arqana Arc sale Oct. 5 at Saint-Cloud.
Vif Monsieur was awarded the win in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) Sept. 22 at Cologne upon the stunning disqualifications of respective first- and second-place finishers, Meandre and Empoli, for interference.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next