Disqualified from his second in the 2013 edition of the Preis von Europa (Ger-I), Empoli won this year's race without controversy when he overhauled pacesetter Earl of Tinsdal in the shadow of the post at Cologne.
With a breakthrough group I win two starts back, Sirius aims to add another in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) Sept. 28 at Cologne.
Juddmonte owner Khalid Abdullah has two top contenders in Flintshire and Noble Mission for the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) June 29 in France.
French star Cirrus des Aigles will bid for a third successive top-level victory this season in the Investec Coronation Cup (In Commemoration of St Nicholas Abbey, Eng-I) at Epsom Downs June 7.
The top four finishers in last month's Cape Verdi (UAE-II), including Godolphin's unbeaten winner Certify, return for the $200,000 Balanchine (UAE-II) Feb. 20 at Meydan Racecourse.
Indian pharmaceutical billionaire Cyrus Poonwalla went to 900,000 ($1,220,008 in United States funds) to acquire Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Kenhope at the Arqana Arc sale Oct. 5 at Saint-Cloud.
Vif Monsieur was awarded the win in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) Sept. 22 at Cologne upon the stunning disqualifications of respective first- and second-place finishers, Meandre and Empoli, for interference.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Master Plan Impresses in OBS Championship Stakes
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking