Michael Dub, Bethlehem Stables, and Gary Aisquith's Royal Posse continued to make hay in the New York-bred ranks Oct. 22 at Belmont Park with a sloppy score in the $300,000 Empire Classic Handicap.
Things may not have gone as well as they could have for Governor Malibu in the Empire State's most iconic 3-year-old races this season, but in starts against his fellow New York-breds the Malibu Moon colt has been dominant.
The 1 1/8-mile Empire Classic was the feature race on a Belmont card that included eight stakes worth a total of $1.75 million.
Former claimer Royal Posse will try for his second straight stakes win against other New York-breds and third victory overall when he faces an expected eight rivals in the $300,000 Empire Classic Handicap.
Saratoga Snacks, owned by Hall of Fame football coach Bill Parcells, took the lead coming into the stretch and held on tenaciously to capture the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
- By Claire Novak
Claire Novak and Frank Angst handicap the competitive Empire Classic H. and the stacked Raven Run S. this weekend. Will a speed horse win the Empire Classic? watch video
Stud Muffin, a $35,000 claim back in March, came through on the biggest day of the year for New York-breds as he stormed to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap on New York Showcase Day Oct. 18 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Pat Kelly is hoping the third time is a charm for Naughty New Yorker when he runs the 5-year-old in the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap Oct. 20 at Belmont Park.
Hardwicke Stable's Spite the Devil wore down Organizer inside the final furlong to win the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap for New York breds Saturday for the second year in a row at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby