Tommy Town Thoroughbreds, in partnership with Gary Barber, will stand new stallion Boisterous for the 2015 breeding season at Tom and Debi Stull's farm near Santa Ynez, Calif.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous became a grade I winner July 13 at Belmont Park, threading his way between rivals to claim the $600,000 Man o' War (gr. IT). Twilight Eclipse was second, while Exclusive Strike finished third.
Favored Boisterous salvaged a rough weekend for Phipps Stable and trainer Shug McGaughey with a timely 1 1/4-length victory in the $202,500 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf June 9 at Monmouth Park.
Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous ran like an even-money favorite should in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park, looping the field on the far turn to score by two.
Boisterous made his return to New York a winning one, closing resolutely through the stretch for a one-length victory over Desert Blanc in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park May 5.
Gary A. Tanaka's Moonlady, making her first North American start, tracked the early leaders before gaining a commanding lead on the second turn to win the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. III) by three lengths over Playact Saturday at Aqueduct as horses who last raced in Europe filled the top two finishing positions.
The $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), the final turf stakes of the year in New York for fillies and mares, drew an overflow field of 14 with two also eligibles entered for Saturday's Aqueduct feature.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another