Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Verrazano was assigned post 8 as the 4-5 favorite on the morning line for the $1 million Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) to be run April 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
While many of the leading 3-year-olds were competing in the warm, sunny climes of Florida and Louisiana, a silent assassin was laying low up in the chilly confines of Belmont Park. read blog
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack remained unbeaten in four starts and proceeded on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with an impressive late run March 2 in the $400,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Heavy favorite will have to overcome the far outside post in his 3-year-old debut.
Pedigrees don't win races, but on paper, none of the new faces to emerge so far in 2013 looks better than Elnaawi.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington