Coax Me Chad, who launched a furious rally to finish second to Swale in the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has died at age 32 at Wally Burress's farm near Columbia, Ky.
Elmer E. Miller, whose Coax Me Chad ran second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Sept. 19 at a Cincinnati hospital after a long battle with cancer.
Elmer Miller's What A Bad Day, third in the Iroquois (gr. III), has suffered a knee injury and will not run in the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) on Nov. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Tony Ryan Book Award Semi-Finalists Announced
- Illinois Leaders Launch New Incentive Program
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics