Dunkirk, who ran second in the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Grade I winner and millionaire Tomisue's Delight was euthanized July 16 following complications from colic surgery.
Alumni Hall, a two-time graded stakes winner at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Mineshaft was named 2003 Horse of the Year at the 33rd annual Eclipse Awards, but it wasn't easy taking the spotlight away from Funny Cide, the New York-bred gelding who generated so much publicity during his memorable Triple Crown run last spring and was voted an Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old male.
Secret Status confirmed her Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) win Saturday at Belmont Park, rallying through the stretch to win the $250,000 Mother Goose.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy