Dunkirk, who ran second in the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Grade I winner and millionaire Tomisue's Delight was euthanized July 16 following complications from colic surgery.
Alumni Hall, a two-time graded stakes winner at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Mineshaft was named 2003 Horse of the Year at the 33rd annual Eclipse Awards, but it wasn't easy taking the spotlight away from Funny Cide, the New York-bred gelding who generated so much publicity during his memorable Triple Crown run last spring and was voted an Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old male.
Secret Status confirmed her Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) win Saturday at Belmont Park, rallying through the stretch to win the $250,000 Mother Goose.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees