Dunkirk, who ran second in the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Grade I winner and millionaire Tomisue's Delight was euthanized July 16 following complications from colic surgery.
Alumni Hall, a two-time graded stakes winner at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Mineshaft was named 2003 Horse of the Year at the 33rd annual Eclipse Awards, but it wasn't easy taking the spotlight away from Funny Cide, the New York-bred gelding who generated so much publicity during his memorable Triple Crown run last spring and was voted an Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old male.
Secret Status confirmed her Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) win Saturday at Belmont Park, rallying through the stretch to win the $250,000 Mother Goose.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier