The momentum that produced strong selling at Keeneland September's opening week carried over into the sixth session Sept. 15, where competition for many yearlings remained strong. Eight sold for at least $300,000.
Eight juvenile fillies looking for a free ride to the Breeders' Cup will line up Sept. 7 in the $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs on opening day of the Louisville track's 12-day September meet.
Six of seven contestants for the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) July 19 at Saratoga won impressively last time out; trainer Todd Pletcher will saddle two of them.
Most Popular Stories
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon