The momentum that produced strong selling at Keeneland September's opening week carried over into the sixth session Sept. 15, where competition for many yearlings remained strong. Eight sold for at least $300,000.
Eight juvenile fillies looking for a free ride to the Breeders' Cup will line up Sept. 7 in the $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs on opening day of the Louisville track's 12-day September meet.
Six of seven contestants for the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) July 19 at Saratoga won impressively last time out; trainer Todd Pletcher will saddle two of them.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby