A Feb. 27 hearing date has been set by the Texas Racing Commission in the case of Roman Chapa, who faces allegations that he carried an electrical shock device in a winning race at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 17.
Jockey Roberto Morales has been suspended pending a hearing by Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino stewards after law enforcement officials charged him with possession of an unlawful electrical device.
The California Horse Racing Board will hear a report April 25 on the proposed transfer of the Los Angeles County Fair's 2014 race dates from Fairplex Park to Los Alamitos Race Course.
Trainer Eric Guillot officially apologized to fellow conditioner D. Wayne Lukas for triggering an investigation into his allegations jockey Luis Saez used an electrical device on Will Take Charge in the Travers Stakes.
An investigation by New York regulators and the New York State Police has cleared jockey Luis Saez of allegations that he carried an electronic device when he rode Will Take Charge to victory in the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes.
Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
The Miami Herald, in a short notice that appeared in its Nov. 1, edition, said a misunderstanding occurred between a writer and jockey Jose Santos in connection with a story that questioned whether Santos carried an electrical device in this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest