The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
Just Louise made a sparkling stakes debut June 26 at Churchill Downs, relinquishing the lead on the turn, then coming back in the final jump to win the $108,800 Debutante (gr. III) by a neck.
- By Ron Mitchell
If buying and selling horses is a risky venture, those taking the most risks year-in and year-out are pinhookers primarily looking for horses to resell at a profit.
Favored Spin Master, ridden by Miguel Mena, survived a sizzling three-way duel for the early lead and then pulled away under hand urging to score a 2 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $108,500 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More