The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
Just Louise made a sparkling stakes debut June 26 at Churchill Downs, relinquishing the lead on the turn, then coming back in the final jump to win the $108,800 Debutante (gr. III) by a neck.
- By Ron Mitchell
If buying and selling horses is a risky venture, those taking the most risks year-in and year-out are pinhookers primarily looking for horses to resell at a profit.
Favored Spin Master, ridden by Miguel Mena, survived a sizzling three-way duel for the early lead and then pulled away under hand urging to score a 2 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $108,500 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- Charles Town, Oaklawn Cancel Friday Cards
- New Round of Casino Bidding OK'd in New York
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil