E.K. Gaylord II's Wilkinson, who registered a stunning 44-1 upset in the American Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, came down with colic June 18 and has been ruled out of the Shoemaker Mile at Betfair Hollywood Park June 30.
E.K. Gaylord II has sold the Gaillardia Farm operation near Versailles, Ky., he founded in 2001 to his sister, Mary Gaylord McClean. In turn, McClean has listed the 179-acre property near Versailles, Ky., for $5.25 million.
Breeders' Cup announced on April 2 the addition of six members to its board of directors. They are E.K. Gaylord II, R.D. Hubbard, Robert T. Manfuso, Robert C. McNair, John C. Oxley, and John W. Phillips.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees