Equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) is a highly contagious disease that can cause epidemic abortion in mares and respiratory and/or neurologic disease. The neurologic form is often fatal. Our experts answer your EHV-1 questions.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture placed an initial "Investigational Animal Hold Order" on Barn 1 at the Bowie Training Center Wednesday afternoon after a horse showed symptoms of equine herpesvirus.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses