With the entire Fair Grounds backstretch currently under quarantine due to an EHV-1 outbreak, no horses are permitted to ship in or out of the track—an issue that could complicate hopes to run Gun Runner in the Pegasus World Cup (G1).
A recent outbreak of EHV-1 at Woodbine Racetrack, has caused Park Stud to end the breeding this year for all its stallions. There has been no detection of the virus at Park Stud, closing early is a preventative measure.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm