Australia witnessed a new staying star emerge when the lightly raced Dealer Principal (Flying Spur-Volte) came with a powerful well-timed run to win the Dubai Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I) April 12 over 10 furlongs at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney.
With Efficient's win, it was a tale of two, actually make that three, countries when the $5 million Melbourne Cup came to an end -- and none of them was Australia.
Miss Finland advanced another step in her quest for greatness while defeating the males in the AUS$750,000 Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury