Majestic Stride, who closed well to finish fourth in this year's Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint, made easy work of four foes to capture the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 28
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino conducted its biggest day of racing since opening in 2005 Nov. 27, featuring seven stakes with purses worth a total of more than $1.1 million that attracted a record wagering handle.
Dual grade I winner Executiveprivilege made her long-awaited 3-year-old debut July 18 at Del Mar, but she was no match for speedster Reneesgotzip in a salty allowance test on the main track.
Jockeys Rafael Bejarano and Edwin Maldonado shared the riding title in a spirited three-way battle with Joe Talamo as the curtain dropped on the final spring/summer meet July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Fans looking for drama in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) May 27 at Betfair Hollywood Park missed out as 3-5 favorite Comma to the Top seized control early and was never seriously challenged in the sprint.
It was the wrong lead but the right result for Comma to the Top, who slugged his way to victory while becoming racing's newest millionaire in an off-the-turf edition of the $100,000 Daytona Stakes Dec. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Advance deposit wagering increase fueled a healthy increase in business during the brief 2012 Autumn meet at Betfair Hollywood Park, which concluded its 24-day live racing season Dec. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail