Edward Seltzer and Beverly Anderson's Sparkling Review kicked into gear late and charged to victory to remain undefeated since breaking her maiden, taking the $237,800 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Sparkling Review continued her climb through conditions in solid fashion Oct. 17, winning the $150,000 Pin Oak Valley View (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. It was also the first graded score for trainer Ben Colebrook.
Customer Base, in a thrilling finish to the final stakes of the year at Santa Anita Park, nosed out Stormy Lucy in the $100,000 Robert J. Frankel (gr. IIIT) on the turf Dec. 29.
Great Attack, closing from fifth at mid-stretch, collared favored Bridgetown close to home for a narrow victory in the $150,350 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), the first stakes race on the Kentucky Derby card May 5.
Field Commission found room at the top of the lane and took over approaching the sixteenth-pole on his way to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) Oct. 17 on the Woodbine turf.
Polytrack seems to be to the liking of Edward Seltzer's Verdana Bold, as the 3-year-old filly won for the second time in as many starts on the synthetic surface, this time in the $259,300 Selene Stakes (Can-III) May 18 at Woodbine.
Verdana Bold ran down 3-5 favorite Authenicat to take the US$156,727 Star Shoot Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by one length at Woodbine April 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death