Sole Power pulled a King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) double, motoring on the far side to pass 50-1 shot Stepper Point by 1 1/4 lengths. The 7-year-old sprinter won last year's race and was third in the 2012 running.
The QIPCO British Champions Day undercard Oct. 19 at Ascot featured victories by determined sprinter Slade Power and late-running stayer Royal Diamond.
A showdown between the 2013 English and Irish One Thousand Guineas winners looks set for the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) June 21, the penultimate day of the Royal Ascot meeting.
Sole Power wore down 11-4 favorite Shea Shea in the closing strides and won the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by a neck June 18 at Royal Ascot.
Trainer Edward Lynam talks about his horse, group I-winning European sprinter Sole Power, who is the 4-to-1 morning-line favorite in the Meydan Sprint. Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico