Turfdonna had to call upon all her reserves to fend off closing Nightflower and win the Henkel-Pries der Diana (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 2 at Dusseldorf.
Earl of Tinsdal put a stop to long winless drought when he slogged through the heavy turf and captured the Gran Premio del Jockey Club e Coppa d'Oro (Ity-I) Oct. 20 at San Siro racecourse in Milan.
Workmanlike. That word might best describe Novellist's win over Seismos in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 1 amidst his ongoing preparations for next month's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Secret Gesture was denied classic glory a second time when late-running Penelopa overtook her to win Henkel-Preis-Diana Deutsches Stuten-Derby (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 4 at Dusseldorf.
German-based Novellist cruised to a comfortable win over former Australian-based group winner Retrieve in the Gran Premio del Jockey Club Italiano (Ity-I) at San Siro Racecourse in Milan Oct. 21.
Earl Of Tinsdal took the lead from the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy four-length victory in the Rheinland-Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne Aug. 14.
Dismissed at odds of 18-1, Querari was a determined winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- No Indy Grand Samples Exceed Cobalt Threshold
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine