Play at poker tables in their first few weeks of operation at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort has exceeded expectations.
The inaugural Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes will start a new tradition in horse racing, courtesy of MTR Gaming Group and a longtime tailor in Erie, Penn.
Voters in a local referendum June 30 approved the addition of table games at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, giving management and horsemen hope the new offerings will boost business at the West Virginia facility and perhaps increase interest in the live racing product.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
The parent company of Mountaineer Park reported record earnings, revenue, and net income for the third quarter ending Sept. 30. It was the best quarter in the company's history.
Presque Isle Downs, the Thoroughbred racetrack proposed for Erie, Pa., will be the subject of a Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission hearing Oct. 9. The hearing, at which the public will be afforded a chance to speak, will be held in Erie.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match
- Changes Eyed for KY Breeders' Incentive Fund
- Houghton, Radosevich Win Mahoning Titles
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries