Play at poker tables in their first few weeks of operation at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort has exceeded expectations.
The inaugural Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes will start a new tradition in horse racing, courtesy of MTR Gaming Group and a longtime tailor in Erie, Penn.
Voters in a local referendum June 30 approved the addition of table games at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, giving management and horsemen hope the new offerings will boost business at the West Virginia facility and perhaps increase interest in the live racing product.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
The parent company of Mountaineer Park reported record earnings, revenue, and net income for the third quarter ending Sept. 30. It was the best quarter in the company's history.
Presque Isle Downs, the Thoroughbred racetrack proposed for Erie, Pa., will be the subject of a Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission hearing Oct. 9. The hearing, at which the public will be afforded a chance to speak, will be held in Erie.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World