Pollard's Vision, a millionaire and four-time graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Wintergreen Stallion Station near Midway, Ky.
In David Moore's family, horse racing becomes a hobby at an early age. Moore was introduced to the sport by his grandfather, Charles (Crip) Moore, at age six. His 7-year-old daughter, Charlotte, is already a fan--she names his horses, including Kentucky Derby contender Pollard's Vision.
Trainer Todd Pletcher worked his pair of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls on Sunday morning before an early morning deluge at Churchill Downs. Dogwood Stable's Limehouse was officially clocked in 1:01 for five furlongs, while David Moore's Edgewood Farm's Pollard's Vision was timed going the same distance in 1:00 4/5. Also on the track early was Read the Footnotes.
Pacesetter Pollard's Vision, the one-eyed colt, repelled the charge of Song of the Sword in the stretch and pulled away to win the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) for 3-year-olds by 2 3/4 lengths at Hawthorne.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks