The American Graded Stakes Committee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association Dec. 4 presented its listing of U.S. graded and listed stakes races for 2016.
Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles will take his sharp recent form to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 15 at Arlington International Racecourse, according to trainer Jeff Mullins.
Last year's champion older male will try to extend his six-race winning streak in the Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT), which he won in 2011.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 30 the broadcast schedule for "Emirates Airline Summer Racing Presented by the NTRA."
Favored Aragorn smashed the Del Mar course record for nine furlongs on the turf with a scintillating four-length score in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) Sunday under Corey Nakatani.
Trainer Ron McAnally likes his chances to win his second grass stakes of the young Del Mar racing season as he sends out Sweet Return to defend his 2005 championship in Sunday's $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT).
Castledale, just a head short of having a three-race win streak, is the headliner for Sunday's $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at 1 1/8 miles over Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Turf course record holder Special Ring returned from a nine-month layoff with a scintillating front-running victory in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar Sunday.
Seven hard-hitting turf horses, headed by millionaire Native Desert and millionaire-in-waiting Irish Prize and including a pair trained by Robert Frankel, are set to go in Saturday's 28th running of the grade I, $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap at 1 1/8 miles on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move