A memorial service for jockey Eddie Razo Jr. will take place in Arlington Heights, Ill. May 15.
Jockey Eddie Razo Jr., a well-known rider on the Midwest circuit, was found dead following the extinguishing of a garage fire in Long Grove, Ill. April 24. His death was confirmed by jockey agent Ronnie Ebanks.
Frank Fletcher's undefeated filly Rocket Twentyone breezed six furlongs over a "muddy" Churchill Downs track Oct. 21 in 1:15.60 in preparation for the Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Caleb's Posse, winner of the Smarty Jones Stakes in January, breezed five furlongs March 12 at Oaklawn Park for regular jockey Eddie Razo Jr. in his final tune-up ahead the upcoming $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
Second in last year's Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows, Shadowbdancing was not to be denied in this year's $300,000 renewal, scoring the biggest win of his career by one length June 26.
Two of the Chicago circuit's top riders, Eddie Razo Jr. and Francisco Torres, are expected to miss up to six weeks of action due to injuries suffered in separate incidents on Saturday at Hawthorne.
Favored Iosilver, ridden by Eddie Razo Jr., took control at the start and dominated his rivals to win the $100,000 Michael G. Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm