A memorial service for jockey Eddie Razo Jr. will take place in Arlington Heights, Ill. May 15.
Jockey Eddie Razo Jr., a well-known rider on the Midwest circuit, was found dead following the extinguishing of a garage fire in Long Grove, Ill. April 24. His death was confirmed by jockey agent Ronnie Ebanks.
Frank Fletcher's undefeated filly Rocket Twentyone breezed six furlongs over a "muddy" Churchill Downs track Oct. 21 in 1:15.60 in preparation for the Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Caleb's Posse, winner of the Smarty Jones Stakes in January, breezed five furlongs March 12 at Oaklawn Park for regular jockey Eddie Razo Jr. in his final tune-up ahead the upcoming $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
Second in last year's Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows, Shadowbdancing was not to be denied in this year's $300,000 renewal, scoring the biggest win of his career by one length June 26.
Two of the Chicago circuit's top riders, Eddie Razo Jr. and Francisco Torres, are expected to miss up to six weeks of action due to injuries suffered in separate incidents on Saturday at Hawthorne.
Favored Iosilver, ridden by Eddie Razo Jr., took control at the start and dominated his rivals to win the $100,000 Michael G. Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday