The City of Arcadia has proclaimed Sunday, April 19, as "Eddie Logan Day" in honor of Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant who passed away on Jan. 31 at the age of 98.
Santa Anita Park lost an important link to its past glory when 98-year-old Eddie Logan, Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant since opening day, Dec. 25, 1934, died early on the morning of Jan. 31 at his home in Monrovia, Calif.
Inside Information features Eddie Logan, Russell Baze and Equine Therapy.
Like he has for the better part of eight decades, Noble Threewitt was enjoying the toasty warmth of his heated tack room at Barn 14 Friday morning. Despite the fact that he has only three horses, he was at the barn at 5 a.m., as usual, even though the countdown is on.
Santa Anita Park has been inundated with so much rain since opening day on Dec. 26 track superintendent Steve Wood is having trouble keeping up with it.
Most Popular Stories
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA