The British Horseracing Authority suspended jockey Eddie Ahern May 22 for 10 years after he was found to have committed multiple racing violations including holding back a mount at Lingfield in January 2011.
Michael Turl was charged along with jockey Eddie Ahern and four other men with violating various horseracing rules. Those include stopping horses running on their merits and passing on inside information.
Go Angellica became the 13th career stakes winner for her sire Kheleyf, 11-year-old sold of Green Desert. read blog
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
During the first two days of the three-day July meet at England's Newmarket Racecourse, attendance was up 11.7% over the 2002 meet. Also, the Newmarket stewards were busy Wednesday, taking disciplinary action against three riders, and the heat has affected riders and horses.
European shippers Pine Dance and Hymn, both racing on Lasix for the first time, swept the top two spots of the $194,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington International Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother