The undefeated Speightstown colt Eastwood commanded attention during the Fasig-Tipton summer horses of racing age sale when he was hammered down for $800,000 at the July 15 auction.
Fasig-Tipton's new horses of all ages sale that is utilizing new technology in the way horses are cataloged and information is disseminated is gaining momentum. A dozen horses have been added recently for the July 15 event.
Sintra, a grade II winner and winner of the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup at Keeneland, died in mid-October at Rae Eastwood's Indian Creek near Georgetown, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico