Baoma Corporation's Lord Simba went from last-out maiden winner to graded stakes victor with an impressive score in the $100,000 Los Angeles (G3) April 15 at Santa Anita Park.
It was a long time between wins for Fox Hill Farm's Kentuckian, but a determined effort by his connections to return him to winning form came through Feb. 20, when the 5-year-old gray edged Texas Two Step by a neck in a conditional allowance race.
However you feel about California Chrome (and let's face it, emotions are running hot right about now), in handicapping this race, you must move beyond whatever rooting interest you have and stick to the basics. read blog
The undefeated Speightstown colt Eastwood commanded attention during the Fasig-Tipton summer horses of racing age sale when he was hammered down for $800,000 at the July 15 auction.
Fasig-Tipton's new horses of all ages sale that is utilizing new technology in the way horses are cataloged and information is disseminated is gaining momentum. A dozen horses have been added recently for the July 15 event.
Sintra, a grade II winner and winner of the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup at Keeneland, died in mid-October at Rae Eastwood's Indian Creek near Georgetown, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely