The undefeated Speightstown colt Eastwood commanded attention during the Fasig-Tipton summer horses of racing age sale when he was hammered down for $800,000 at the July 15 auction.
Fasig-Tipton's new horses of all ages sale that is utilizing new technology in the way horses are cataloged and information is disseminated is gaining momentum. A dozen horses have been added recently for the July 15 event.
Sintra, a grade II winner and winner of the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup at Keeneland, died in mid-October at Rae Eastwood's Indian Creek near Georgetown, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Surgically Treating 'Kissing Spines' in the Standing Horse
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity