The market was robust at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1 in Timonium, Md. The median price increased 29.7% from a year ago to equal the auction's record of $12,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale, which will be held Oct. 1 in Timonium, Md., is in a prime location, especially this season.
Following the generally positive trends in the yearling market this year, the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall sale ended with increases of 15.7% in average price and 72.9% in median price from a year ago.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale opened with a 100% increase in its median price from a year ago and a 20.2% upswing in its average price. A Hard Spun colt topped the session, bringing $200,000 Oct. 4.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 535 yearlings for its Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale. The number is down 17.1% from last year's total of 635.
The Fasig-Tipton Eastern fall yearling sale returned to more solid financial ground during its two-day run that ended Oct. 6 in Timonium, Md.
Fasig-Tipon officials expect to see more stability based on other yearling sale results.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling might struggle like nearly every other Thoroughbred auction this year, but at least the buyers and consignors will have a newly renovated sale pavilion to enjoy Oct. 5 and 6 in Timonium, Md. According to Fasig-Tipton officials, there will be dramatic changes in the appearance of the once drab facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win