Mademoiselle Coco, a half sister to champion Havre de Grace, broke her maiden in her third start May 25 at Delaware Park.
Mill Ridge Farm announced April 22 the death of Easter Bunnette, dam of 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace. The 17-year-old mare hemorrhaged and died April 18 after foaling a colt by Bernardini.
A half sister to Havre de Grace sold for $1.7 million late in the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 12 in Lexington. Alex Solis, agent, signed the ticket for the Tiznow filly.
Easter Bunnette, dam of Havre de Grace, and her 2012 Tiznow filly. View Slideshow
A half sister to 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace was born Feb. 15 at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Standout filly Havre de Grace put herself in the picture for Horse of the Year honors with a gutsy win in the $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) over males at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock agent John Ferguson bought the Bernardini colt, out of the dam of grade I winner Havre de Grace. He tied the top price paid on day one of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Select yearling sale.
Prohibitive choice Havre de Grace tookn her third consecutive graded event this year with a facile 2 1/4-length triumph over four rivals in the $168,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill