A half sister to Havre de Grace sold for $1.7 million late in the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 12 in Lexington. Alex Solis, agent, signed the ticket for the Tiznow filly.
Easter Bunnette, dam of Havre de Grace, and her 2012 Tiznow filly. View Slideshow
A half sister to 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace was born Feb. 15 at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Standout filly Havre de Grace put herself in the picture for Horse of the Year honors with a gutsy win in the $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) over males at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock agent John Ferguson bought the Bernardini colt, out of the dam of grade I winner Havre de Grace. He tied the top price paid on day one of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Select yearling sale.
Prohibitive choice Havre de Grace tookn her third consecutive graded event this year with a facile 2 1/4-length triumph over four rivals in the $168,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Streaking Phaeton Heads Gulfstream Oaks
- Bronzo Vying for First U.S. Win in Tokyo City
- Dubai World Cup: Victor Espinoza
- Barretts and CHRB Partner on Testing Program
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fulton Named Tattersalls South American Rep