Thirty-three years after his first victory in the San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT), Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally did it again April 21 with late-running Interaction on closing day of the Santa Anita Park meet.
Pozo de Luna's Argentine-bred Suggestive Boy held off a late-flying Silentio by a nose in a thrilling edition of the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park March 2.
Suggestive Boy, overcoming a terrible post, burst away from his rivals in deep stretch to post a convincing victory in the Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Feb. 2.
Leading Argentine first-crop sire Easing Along, a Claiborne Farm-raised son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner/producer Cadillacing, will stand the 2008 Northern Hemisphere season at Claiborne near Paris, Ky.
Saarland, who has not raced since finishing 10th in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is entered in Aqueduct's sixth race Friday.
Windsor Castle rallied from last in the eight-horse field to win the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Aqueduct. The 2-year-old son of Lord Carson completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:51.92 on a fast track.
Ogden Phipps' Easing Along won a one-mile allowance race by 2 1/4 lengths under a hand ride Wednesday at Aqueduct and will likely be pointed to a start in the Remsen Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride