Stellar Jayne, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the upper stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length win over Dynaville in Saturday's co-featured $161,400 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
The D. Wayne Lukas-trained Stellar Jayne can break back into the victory column when she heads a field of seven 3-year-old fillies in Sunday's $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Be Gentle lost all chance right out of the gate in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). She won the $230,000 Golden Rod (gr. II) Saturday at Churchill Downs by getting out of the gate first and leading all the way. It just goes to show what racing luck can mean.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win