Stellar Jayne, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the upper stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length win over Dynaville in Saturday's co-featured $161,400 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
The D. Wayne Lukas-trained Stellar Jayne can break back into the victory column when she heads a field of seven 3-year-old fillies in Sunday's $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Be Gentle lost all chance right out of the gate in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). She won the $230,000 Golden Rod (gr. II) Saturday at Churchill Downs by getting out of the gate first and leading all the way. It just goes to show what racing luck can mean.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint