Stellar Jayne, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the upper stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length win over Dynaville in Saturday's co-featured $161,400 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
The D. Wayne Lukas-trained Stellar Jayne can break back into the victory column when she heads a field of seven 3-year-old fillies in Sunday's $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Be Gentle lost all chance right out of the gate in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). She won the $230,000 Golden Rod (gr. II) Saturday at Churchill Downs by getting out of the gate first and leading all the way. It just goes to show what racing luck can mean.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows