Parranda collared pacesetter Skylander Girl with a sixteenth to run and pulled clear to win the $150,000 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 10 at Gulfstream Park.
Parranda seems to be enjoying California after her first start for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, coming from off the pace to win the $100,000 Wilshire Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away on the Santa Anita Park turf April 27.
After laying down a dawdling early pace in the $150,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT), Parranda swiftly accelerated entering the stretch to secure a clear victory from charging Riposte Feb. 8 at Gulfstream Park.
Parranda extended her recent success against other Florida-breds when she took command off the far turn and was never threatened late in the $150,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf Jan. 18 at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion