Parranda seems to be enjoying California after her first start for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, coming from off the pace to win the $100,000 Wilshire Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away on the Santa Anita Park turf April 27.
After laying down a dawdling early pace in the $150,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT), Parranda swiftly accelerated entering the stretch to secure a clear victory from charging Riposte Feb. 8 at Gulfstream Park.
Parranda extended her recent success against other Florida-breds when she took command off the far turn and was never threatened late in the $150,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf Jan. 18 at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees