Salt Lake, a successful stallion first in Kentucky and then in California, was euthanized July 20. He stood at the Mabee family's Golden Eagle Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Salt Lake has been purchased by Betty Mabee and her son, Larry Mabee, to stand at their Golden Eagle Farm near Ramona, Calif., for the 2006 breeding season. A son of the late Deputy Minister, Salt Lake previously stood at Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Despite a dismal beginning to his 4-year-old season, the D. Wayne Lukas-trained Yonaguska leads the eight-horse field for Saturday's $200,000 Philadelphia Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Philadelphia Park.
As Churchill Downs prepares to close out its 2002 Spring Meet on July 7, several top juveniles were on the track preparing for weekend stakes events. The Louisville track will host the Debutante Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday and Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) on Sunday.
D. Wayne Lukas has won more than his share of added-money races, but one has eluded the Hall of Fame conditioner --the Fashion Stakes. That could all change when he sends out the undefeated Holiday Runner in the $75,000 five-furlong contest for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park on Thursday.
Buster's Daydream has some serious momentum going into the Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. But the going will get tough when he takes on five rivals, including Heavyweight Champ, Draw Play, and Proud Citizen, in Thursday's $100,000 Sanford.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014