Blazing Speed swept around the early leaders in the stretch of the April 26 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin and found another gear in the final 100 meters to win by two lengths.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Despite poor visibility trackside due to fog, several European Breeders' Cup contenders managed their morning outings on both turf and dirt at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
First Defence's initial winner, 2-year-old Dundonnell, romped by 12 lengths at Lingfield in England Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Red Rifle Rallies to Dominion Day Victory
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training