British stallion Compton Place, whose best offspring include two-time Nunthorpe (Eng-I) winner Borderlescott, has died at the age of 21 after suffering a severe bout of colic.
A determined Laughing (IRE) refused to relinquish the lead in the $588,000 Diana Stakes July 27 over the inner turf course at Saratoga Race Course, leading the all the way for her first grade I victory in a terrific finish.
Richard Santulli's Laughing tops 2-5 favorite Dayatthespa in Monmouth Park's Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT). The 5-year-old Irish bred daughter of Dansili sets a turf course mark of 1:39.26 for 1 1/16 miles.
A bronze statue of the Queen Mother is to be unveiled at Cheltenham Racecourse by Her Majesty the Queen on Tote Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Thursday, March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture