British stallion Compton Place, whose best offspring include two-time Nunthorpe (Eng-I) winner Borderlescott, has died at the age of 21 after suffering a severe bout of colic.
A determined Laughing (IRE) refused to relinquish the lead in the $588,000 Diana Stakes July 27 over the inner turf course at Saratoga Race Course, leading the all the way for her first grade I victory in a terrific finish.
Richard Santulli's Laughing tops 2-5 favorite Dayatthespa in Monmouth Park's Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT). The 5-year-old Irish bred daughter of Dansili sets a turf course mark of 1:39.26 for 1 1/16 miles.
A bronze statue of the Queen Mother is to be unveiled at Cheltenham Racecourse by Her Majesty the Queen on Tote Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Thursday, March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator