British stallion Compton Place, whose best offspring include two-time Nunthorpe (Eng-I) winner Borderlescott, has died at the age of 21 after suffering a severe bout of colic.
A determined Laughing (IRE) refused to relinquish the lead in the $588,000 Diana Stakes July 27 over the inner turf course at Saratoga Race Course, leading the all the way for her first grade I victory in a terrific finish.
Richard Santulli's Laughing tops 2-5 favorite Dayatthespa in Monmouth Park's Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT). The 5-year-old Irish bred daughter of Dansili sets a turf course mark of 1:39.26 for 1 1/16 miles.
A bronze statue of the Queen Mother is to be unveiled at Cheltenham Racecourse by Her Majesty the Queen on Tote Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Thursday, March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested