British stallion Compton Place, whose best offspring include two-time Nunthorpe (Eng-I) winner Borderlescott, has died at the age of 21 after suffering a severe bout of colic.
A determined Laughing (IRE) refused to relinquish the lead in the $588,000 Diana Stakes July 27 over the inner turf course at Saratoga Race Course, leading the all the way for her first grade I victory in a terrific finish.
Richard Santulli's Laughing tops 2-5 favorite Dayatthespa in Monmouth Park's Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT). The 5-year-old Irish bred daughter of Dansili sets a turf course mark of 1:39.26 for 1 1/16 miles.
A bronze statue of the Queen Mother is to be unveiled at Cheltenham Racecourse by Her Majesty the Queen on Tote Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Thursday, March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill