The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, feature of the 22nd Maryland Million Day at Laurel Park Oct. 13, has drawn a field of 10, including the champions from the previous two years.
The 22nd Maryland Million, set for Oct. 13 at Laurel Park, has attracted 120 entrants for 12 races, including the $300,000 Maryland Million Classic.
Sweetnorthernsaint went to the front and was never threatened as the 10 cents on the dollar favorite in Saturday's $63,000 Harrison E. Johnson Memorial Handicap at muddy Laurel Park.
Trainer Mike Trombetta considered Dubai but has opted to give stable star Sweetnorthernsaint a confidence builder in Saturday's $100,000 Harrison E. Johnson Memorial Handicap at Laurel Park.
After an extended wait in traffic while racing around the far turn, Dumbarton Farm's Easy Red angled out, charged between runners mid-stretch and drove to victory in the $75,000 Jennings Handicap by a head at Laurel Park Saturday.
Due carried Rosie Napravnik from last to first while scoring an upset victory in the $250,000 Maryland Million Classic. The 3-10 favorite Cherokee's Boy faded to fifth in his 48th and final start.
The 21st Maryland Million, a festive homecoming for Marylanders and the offspring of Maryland sires, attracted 117 entrants to the twelve race program to be presented Saturday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic