Favored Rocky Gulch would not be denied in his quest to become racing's newest millionaire, prevailing by a neck over El Minuto in the $212,100 New Mexico Cup Classic Championship at Zia Park Sunday in Hobbs, N.M.
Front-running Rocky Gulch was tiring fast in Sunday's $147,200 New Mexico Cup Classic at Zia Park under his 127-pound impost, but under powerful urging from jockey Jorge Bourdieu, the 4-year-old gelding got the job done as the prohibitive favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud