Trainer Dale Romans and owner Jim Culver discussed Thoroughbred ownership and the relationship between owners and trainers during a seminar hosted by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association May 3.
The son of Macho Uno wins his second stakes of the year in the Gulfstream Park Handicap.
Triple Crown veteran Mucho Macho Man proved too strong for six fellow Florida-breds in the $400,000 Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
Triple Crown contender Mucho Macho Man is slated to make his return to action in a $55,000 allowance/optional claiming event at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 9.
Reeves Thoroughbred Racing and Dream Team One Racing Stable's Mucho Macho Man will have a new rider in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). Ramon Dominguez will be aboard the colt, according to Daily Racing Form.
The son of Macho Uno worked in 1:00 2/5. Trainer Kathy Ritvo said the colt handled the track well and is blossoming.
With Rajiv Maragh picking up the mount for the injured Eibar Coa, Mucho Macho Man held off Santiva to win the $300,000 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths Feb. 19 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop