Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey's final career ride is to be aboard Peter Vegso's 6-year-old Silver Tree in the $500,000 Cloverleaf Turf Farms Stakes, the highlight of the four Sunshine Millions races at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Carolyn M. Chapman's Malibu Mint made a remarkable recovery after nearly going down in tight quarters on the far turn, rallying to win the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap for fillies and mares at Calder Race Course Saturday.
James Scatuorchio's Ready's Gal, a two-time stakes winner on turf for trainer Todd Pletcher, is likely to be the favorite in the $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Calder turf course Saturday. The Genter anchors a four-stakes line-up for Grand Slam III worth $400,000.
Favored Dazzling Dr. Cevin took advantage of a switch from turf to dirt Saturday to win the $200,000 Calder Derby in the final strides.
Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's Grand Reserve, to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, and Shadwell Stable's Tadreeb, with Jose Velez Jr. aboard, are the horses to beat in a field of 11 3-year-olds entered in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'