Mike Bass-trained Inara picked up the fourth group I win of her career when landing the Jaffee Empress Club Stakes April 16 at Turffontein near Johannesburg, South Africa.
South Africa's reigning Horse of the Year Legislate made all the running to land the Rising Sun Gold Challenge (SAf-I) June 6 at Greyville.
Legislate was promoted to first place in a dramatic outcome to the rough finish of the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), South Africa's most famous race July 5 at Greyville Racecourse.
Legislate prevailed in a thrilling clash of South Africa's top 3-year-olds May 31, capturing the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) at Greyville racecourse.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
A Giant's Causeway filly shared the top price paid during the first day of the 2014 Cape Premier yearling sale that ended with an aggregate of 45,975,000 rands (US$4,200,510).
South Africa's reigning champion sprinter What A Winter was shockingly defeated in the final start of his illustrious career, finishing third in the Mercury Sprint (SAf-I) July 13 at Clairwood Park.
Philanthropist, a successful Canadian sire, will relocate to the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud in the Western Cape in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Xpressbet Unveils Financial Stimulus Package
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?