Kodiak Kowboy won three grade I races in 2009 in his most prolific year on the track. The son of Posse stands for $15,000 at Vinery near Lexington, Ky.
John Sykes' stallion Alke has been sold and will stand at Sawangjai Farms in Thailand in 2010. The 9-year-old son of Grand Slam had been standing at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
John Gasper has been named general manager of Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery and will oversee day-to-day operations.
Multiple grade I-winning millionaire and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) second-place finisher Pioneerof the Nile will stand for $20,000 when he enters stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2010.
Santa Anita Derby victor Pioneerof the Nile, second to Mine That Bird in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, will begin his stallion career at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery in Kentucky.
Vinery general manager Bates Newton will step down Jan. 1. Newton has served as the nursery's general manager since Dr. Tom Simon purchased the farm near Lexington in September 1999.
The Australian arm of Dr. Tom Simon's massive Vinery Stud organization, announced on Friday it will sell all its mares and weanlings through the Inglis Sales company in Sydney.
Marquetry, sire of two Breeders' Cup winners, arrived Tuesday at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington from Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
Grade I winner and millionaire More Than Ready was represented by his first winner when his initial starter, the filly Ready to Live, won a maiden special race April 21 at Lone Star Park.
Four-year-old Scorpion, one of 28 grade/group I-winning offspring of Seattle Slew, has been purchased by Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery for stallion duty.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely