One confirmed case and two suspect cases of mare reproductive loss syndrome have been diagnosed in Alachua County, Fla., according to Dr. Dana Zimmel of the University of Florida's College of Veterinary Medicine.
The good news is if the Eastern tent caterpillars were responsible in some way for this spring's outbreak of foal loss, that they are gone now, cocooned and growing into the next generation of moths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Catch a Glimpse Breezes for Breeders' Cup
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC