A study designed to determine the levels of exercise-industry pulmonary hemorrhage in 2-year-olds racing in South Florida is complete, but the data won't be released until a scientific paper is published after peer review.
In a survey designed to combat claims that the leaders of horsemen's groups don't represent their membership, the Florida HBPA Sept. 16 released the results of a poll that said most respondents support use of Lasix.
During a June 29 meeting that showed the battle over race-day furosemide is escalating, supporters ripped their opponents and vowed to take their case -- that the medication is good for the racehorse -- to the public.
Surgery on a fractured shin in Proud Citizen's left front leg has been delayed. Dr. Stephen Selway postponed the operation, which was scheduled for July 1, because of several tiny fractures located near the main injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Historical Racing Argued Again in Court