In its first year, a pinhooking venture established by Ahmed Zayat sold eight 2-year-olds for more than $4.1 million, a healthy return on the aggregate yearling purchase price of $1.63 million.
A study designed to determine the levels of exercise-industry pulmonary hemorrhage in 2-year-olds racing in South Florida is complete, but the data won't be released until a scientific paper is published after peer review.
In a survey designed to combat claims that the leaders of horsemen's groups don't represent their membership, the Florida HBPA Sept. 16 released the results of a poll that said most respondents support use of Lasix.
During a June 29 meeting that showed the battle over race-day furosemide is escalating, supporters ripped their opponents and vowed to take their case -- that the medication is good for the racehorse -- to the public.
Surgery on a fractured shin in Proud Citizen's left front leg has been delayed. Dr. Stephen Selway postponed the operation, which was scheduled for July 1, because of several tiny fractures located near the main injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset