The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has voted to ask the state Supreme Court for discretionary review of a recent Court of Appeals decision overturning Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom.
The state attorney general's office has issued an opinion affirming the right of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to search licensees' property.
Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has been granted a stay of that action until his appeal can be heard, according to a ruling by a Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court judge.
Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has filed has filed an action in Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court.
Kentucky racing stewards have suspended trainer Patrick Biancone for one year for numerous violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations following a hearing Oct. 4. The suspension begins Oct. 15.
- By Esther Marr
Following the announcement of the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rod Stewart for violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations, the organization has scheduled a stewards' hearing in the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone, who was found to be in possession of cobra venom and two other prohibited substances.
Dr. Rod Stewart has appealed a suspension order issued by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority in connection with the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone.
Dr. Rod Stewart, a veterinarian for trainer Patrick Biancone, was suspended by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority for failing to comply with an order to turn over his computer and records to state stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop