Racing needs to break down the breakdowns. read blog
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has overturned Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom, stating that the regulation under which the veterinarian was disciplined was vague.
Officials with the Equine Injury Database are seeking support from owners and trainers to start voluntarily reporting injuries to Thoroughbreds during training hours.
Regulators in Kentucky are planning to begin out-of-competition testing within the next seven to 10 days after Gov. Steve Beshear signed the new regulation to take effect on an emergency basis.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission hopes to expedite regulations for out-of-competition testing and have them in place in time for this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator