A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Midnight Casanova, son of Pleasantly Perfect, topped the Pegasus Thoroughbreds sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 7, bringing $125,000.
Panelists gathered for a Jan. 14 National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association forum said there is no scientific evidence supporting a ban on the use of furosemide on race day.
Dr. Mark Dedomenico's Pegasus Training and Equine Rehabilitation Center keeps runners on track. Download Now
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Masochistic Breezes to Pat O'Brien Victory