A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Midnight Casanova, son of Pleasantly Perfect, topped the Pegasus Thoroughbreds sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 7, bringing $125,000.
Panelists gathered for a Jan. 14 National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association forum said there is no scientific evidence supporting a ban on the use of furosemide on race day.
Dr. Mark Dedomenico's Pegasus Training and Equine Rehabilitation Center keeps runners on track. Download Now
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park