A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Midnight Casanova, son of Pleasantly Perfect, topped the Pegasus Thoroughbreds sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 7, bringing $125,000.
Panelists gathered for a Jan. 14 National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association forum said there is no scientific evidence supporting a ban on the use of furosemide on race day.
Dr. Mark Dedomenico's Pegasus Training and Equine Rehabilitation Center keeps runners on track. Download Now
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat