Spooled, the first starter for Indiana-based sire Dr Large, drew off in the stretch to post a 7 3/4-length victory in her career debut, a five-furlong maiden special weight race for Indiana-bred 2-year-olds.
Indiana Stallion Station, near Anderson, announced its first annual Stallion Show and Open House to be held Oct. 12 starting at 1:00 p.m. There will be free food all day long and a band starting at 5:00 p.m.
Cat Dreams, sire of grade II winner Caracortado, and other stallions Dr Large and Storm Account will stand in 2013 at Trifecta Trace in Indiana.
A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Dr Large, bred on the successful A.P. Indy--Mr. Prospector cross, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Still Creek Farms in Indiana.
Castleton Lyons' Laureate Conductor is the 3-2 morning line favorite for the 1 1/8-mile Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 at Delaware Park.
Either tracks like Gulfstream and Oaklawn are getting noticeably slower or the horses are. From all indications, it is the tracks, which is fine if they keep horses sounder. (See end of text for first official Top 30)
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity