Dr. Mary Scollay, equine medical director for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, will temporarily serve as chief racing veterinarian in Kentucky with the departure of Dr. Lafe Nichols.
A necropsy of Eight Belles, ordered by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, found no pre-existing bone abnormalities that contributed to compound fractures she suffered in both front legs after finishing second in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on May 3.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open