Dr. Mary Scollay, equine medical director for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, will temporarily serve as chief racing veterinarian in Kentucky with the departure of Dr. Lafe Nichols.
A necropsy of Eight Belles, ordered by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, found no pre-existing bone abnormalities that contributed to compound fractures she suffered in both front legs after finishing second in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on May 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint