Phipps Stable's Point of Entry, winner of the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) June 8, suffered a condylar fracture in his left hind cannon bone and will have surgery, trainer Shug McGaughey said.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
I'll Have Another's injury is minor, like an ankle sprain, but would have required up to a year to return to racing, which could have hurt his value as a stallion prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires