Phipps Stable's Point of Entry, winner of the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) June 8, suffered a condylar fracture in his left hind cannon bone and will have surgery, trainer Shug McGaughey said.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
I'll Have Another's injury is minor, like an ankle sprain, but would have required up to a year to return to racing, which could have hurt his value as a stallion prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win