Phipps Stable's Point of Entry, winner of the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) June 8, suffered a condylar fracture in his left hind cannon bone and will have surgery, trainer Shug McGaughey said.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
I'll Have Another's injury is minor, like an ankle sprain, but would have required up to a year to return to racing, which could have hurt his value as a stallion prospect.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases